Thanks so much, Hallie, for updating yesterday.
Kelli and her dad just relieved me from the hospital for the day unless Kiereney gets worse.
Yesterday they put a central line into her right jugular vein(tried the left first and couldn't get it--had a surgeon come over to do the procedure right in her room...used to be an OR procedure) because she has blown every IV in both arms and hands. The pain keeps getting ahead of the pain meds so her Dr. came in a while ago and adjusted the pain meds. She has been without fever for 24 hours so the Infectious Disease specialist has cleared her for surgery(he couldn't find any source of infection even in the spinal fluid so it may have just been a flukey virus she got at one of the hospitals or in ER) but we still don't have a time. I highly doubt a neurosurgeon will have Sunday hours so I'm hoping for Monday or Tuesday.
I can't believe it's the 13th...I have lost time since last Saturday.
Roger had to go to the Dr. on Friday as he is coming down with something respiratory and if we don't get him started on meds quickly, he goes into pneumonia. That's all I need...one at one hospital, one at the other one across town. He is on a Z pack and inhaler so I hope it catches whatever germ has decided to invade him. He had rales on the left lung so they sent him to the hospital for a chest x-ray and we'll hear about that on Monday.
Please know how deeply thankful I am to all of you for your prayers and good thoughts. When I can't see how I can comfort her when the pain is so bad and she hyperventilates and passes out your thoughts and prayers wash over me and give me the words and strength to get her through the moment.
I hopefully will be able to update on Sunday. If not, Hallie has graciously offered to update whenever I need her to. She has been so faithful to call and check on us when I don't get a chance to update her. The best friends I have ever had come through this little computer screen. I am so blessed to have all of you.
All About the Bean - After two years with our old year-round swim team, B and I decided we weren't quite happy with how things were going. The main team was in NN and we were...
1 week ago