Followers

20 May 2008

Breaking News--Post 2 of 2 for Tuesday

Senator Edward Kennedy has been diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor(glioma) in the left parietal lobe of his brain. Treatment can consist of a combo of radiation and chemo but no treatment course has been set for him yet.

I feel like I just got hit with a sucker punch.

I grew up with the Kennedys. John F. Kennedy was the first President that I was cognizant of as a child. My mom and I watched the birth of his kids, what Jackie was wearing and was glued in front of the TV when his assassination was reported. We cried while we watched his funeral and John-John saluting the casket. His brother, Robert, was murdered shortly after my mother died. I watched Jackie afterwards, watched her kids grow up, the kids marry and have their kids and Jackie's battle with cancer. I cried when John and his wife were killed in the plane wreck.

I've been to Arlington and prayed at their graves.

And now this.

I don't care about political affiliations or his past because we all have one--a man has a malignant brain tumor. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers if you would.

4 comments:

Alice said...

I saw the news too and was shocked. Those poor Kennedys. They have had more than their fair share of bad luck.

Steph said...

Hi Ness,

I have seen that on the news as well. It is a shock for sure.

Please stop by my blog when you have a chance. I have posted and I'm need some feedback.

Steph

kimmy said...

I saw that on the news too and it took me by surprise. I know that the prognosis does not look good - I just hope that his remaining time is happy and not with the media in his face all the time!

Kimmy

kim-d said...

First, Ness, thank you. For being a friend and being there. It truly means the world to me.

And all political junk aside, I am so sad about Ted Kennedy. No matter what, cancer is an awful thing and it is not what anyone deserves. He has gone through so much loss in his life, and has had to pick up and carry on, sort of for the ones who were lost, too. It's awful and I hope the same as what Kimmy said.