Followers

04 May 2008

Sunday Summary

I *think* Kiereney has made it through this migraine although last night almost found her back in ER when the pain level went from 3 to 10 when she went over to her dad's or should we call it "The House of Endless Cigarette Smoke". From reading up on migraines, there are a lot of triggers, one of them being second hand smoke. This is Michael's Guard weekend so he couldn't stay with her and Kelli had to go over and type her dad's paper so Kiereney had to go as being left alone wasn't an option. The Fioricet didn't work at all so I had them put her in a dark room with an ice pack to her head and no noise and after the last Fioricet dose passed I had Kelli give her Percocet(which is a lot stronger) and that seemed to do the trick.

Thanks to everyone who took time to pray, think good thoughts and relay your own migraine adventures. This is a new ball game for me as I have never had a migraine(just the garden variety headaches) but my stepdaughters both have them and Lyn has been extremely helpful telling us her tricks for dealing with them. Apparently Imitrex isn't going to be a drug of choice for Kiereney so when I can finally get her into a doctor that will accept a private pay patient(she does not have insurance)perhaps we can explore preventative meds. Roger has killed 2 trees printing off info for her on migraines, auras, triggers, do's and don't, etc.

I saw a chenille yarn plaid throw at Bed, Bath and Beyond a few weeks ago in the awesome colors of light blue, turquoise, tan and taupe but talked myself out of it. Kelli and I went shopping last weekend for my birthday and we found it at another BBB and the kids got it for my birthday so I have been busy redecorating the spare bedroom/computer room. I found a phenomenal window topper in a gorgeous shade of slate blue peachskin material. We have a black wrought iron bookcase, a black pole lamp and a black iron futon so I bought a black wrought iron plant stand yesterday when I went out to do solo retail therapy for the plant Deb got me and found sheets in a taupe color. I know what I want for the bedspread(either taupe satin or a taupe-colored microfleece blanket or taupe colored peachskin and light blue peachskin cut into large squares and sewn into a bedspread(and that project will be right after Kiereney's quilt and when the sewing machine comes back from the shop). When I get the room to my liking, I'll post some pics.

This is gonna be a wild week. Back to the Dr. tomorrow for more blood tests. Michael's 23rd birthday is Tuesday so he's coming up and Mom is fixing him his favorite supper of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls and a birthday cake. He will leave Wednesday and we will head to Southern Illinois probably Friday morning as his graduation is at 5 p.m. Friday and his commissioning ceremony is at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday. I'm hosting a luncheon afterwards for his family, grandparents, uncle and friends to celebrate both his commissioning and graduation at Giant City Lodge in Carbondale. And Monday he starts working for SIUC ROTC in the Gold Bar program visiting schools and recruiting until he leaves for Ft. Sill, OK on 2 Nov.

Come to think of it, this is going to be a wild year. Roger's oldest grandchild graduates from high school near Chicago the beginning of June. The end of June finds us in Buffalo for a few days with Roger's kids and grandkids. The 4th of July we will be at a Cardinal vs. Cubs game in St. Louis, hopefully October in the Northeast, Thanksgiving at Ft. Sill and Christmas at our place this year. We would also like to escape to a cabin in Colorado sometime, maybe around our 13th anniversary in September. So if anyone knows anything about staying in a cabin in Colorado, let me know. Life is short and I'm trying to get about 48 hours out of every day.

Hope your Sunday is everything you want it to be and more.

I must go to work now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your weekend was wonderful,Ness! thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today! you are such sunshine, my dear. :)

Debbie said...

Glad that your daughter is better. I have a daughter who has migrane's also. They started with her at age 4. It's terrible to know your child is in pain. Hope that your weekend was good. Thanks for the comment on my blog!!

God Bless~
Debbie

Laura ~Peach~ said...

hugs and sending some virtual spoons to help with the 48 hour days.

Alice said...

Glad the headaches are easing up. Like you, I've never had a migraine, but I hear they are terrible. Hope you're week goes well, sounds like exciting times are coming up for you guys. Continuing to pray, pray, pray for all of you.

kimmy said...

Migraines just suck the life right out of you! I get them occasionally and they just knock me off my feet for the rest of day!

Hope you are having a happy Monday!

Kimmy

kim-d said...

Ness, I loved what you said about trying to get 48 hours out of everyday, because I find myself wanting to do that a lot, too. We know how short life can be, and we want to get the most and the best out of it. But, man, it sure can get tiring, can't it? Right now, I'm trying to rest up a little from the last round of trying to do 48 in 24, repeatedly. HAHAHA!

I hope Kiereney is completely over the migraine...how miserable!

Debra said...

Sending extra prayers in hopes that Kiereney doesn't get anymore migraines!

Sounds like the plant I sent you will have a lovely room to live and thrive in, so I am very happy to hear that. Can't wait to see some pictures of the finished room! It can be a lot of fun to spruce things up. The smallest changes can make us feel absolutely wonderful.

You have a very busy week coming up so be sure to reserve some of your spoons! Happy birthday to Michael! He is very lucky to have such a wonderfully caring mother. You are going to make all of his special milestones special.

Yes, you have a very busy rest of the year coming up, but it's all good stuff, so enjoy! It is nice to have things to look forward to. I am looking forward to hearing about all of the festivities.

Have a great Monday!

Big hugs,
Deb

I hope that your doctors appt. went well!