Followers

06 August 2008

Wordful Wednesday


Words of Hope
"Hope" is the thing with feathers-
That perches in the soul-
And sings the tune without words-
And never stops-at all
~Emily Dickinson
*****
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light; and
Where there is sadness, joy.
~St. Francis of Assisi
*****
Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear but around in awareness.
~James Thurber
*****
Hold on to what is good
even if it is a handful of earth,
Hold on to what you believe
even if it is a tree which stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do
even if it is a long way from here.
Hold on to life
even when it is easier letting go.
Hold on to my hand
even when I have gone away from you.
~Native American Prayer
*****
Weeping may endure for a night
But joy cometh in the morning.
~Psalms 30:5
*****
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on.
~Robert Frost
*****
When I despair, I remember that through history the way of truth has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall---think of it, always.
~Mahatma Gandhi
*****
Sorrow comes in great waves...
but it rolls over us,
and though it may almost smother us, it leaves us.
And we know that if it is strong, we are stronger, inasmuch as it passes and we remain.
~attributed to Henry James

1 comment:

Alice said...

Just now checking blogs. Didn't have a chance yesterday. Oh how I needed to see this one.

Thank you.