Followers

21 September 2008

Sunday KJ Update

KJ will not be coming home on Sunday.

The Infectious Disease doctor wants to have a full 48 hours of IV antibiotics through her and make sure she is temp free before releasing her. We're now looking at a Monday release.

In the meantime because I had nothing else to do, I have contracted some type of respiratory stuff and feel like funeral arrangements are in order. I was up to the hospital this morning just to talk to the doctors and then came home. She is in a private room now and her sister will be going back up tonight with supper courtesy of Roger to watch the Emmy Award show with her.

I am going back to work today and then crawl to the nearest recliner. We now have Katie confined to a playpen so she doesn't hurt herself. She is gaining weight under Grandma's loving care.

Thanks for all of your prayers and good thoughts. I think I've used up your kindess for the next 10 years and would be too embarrassed to ask for any more.

Have a great Sunday!

8 comments:

Steph said...

Praying like a mad-women over here for you. Lift you up in this morning's worship service (that is what we Baptist call it when we "do church").

Ness you have been so great to my family, that I feel it is a privilege to be able to support your family right now in prayer. Praying that you can get over this respiratory junk and gather up a few ladles (it seems like you could use more than spoons right now).

Call if I can do anything at all.

Love,
Steph

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Thinking of everyone.

Hallie :)

Tonjia said...

Ness, I am praying for Kierney too. and for the rest of the family. I like the idea that the docs have about keeping her on IV antibiotics and temp free before discharge.

Hang in there, we are here for you!

Debra said...

Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way, dear heart. I am so sorry that you have now come down with something, as well. Please take good care of yourself. So many infections are picked up in the hospital. you might need to go on an antibiotic, yourself, to kick whatever has made it's way into your system.

So sorry that things have been so hard. I hope that KJ begins to heal soon. She has been through way too much.

Love,
Debbie

Unknown said...

Prayers are still going strong for you and your family.

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Laura ~Peach~ said...

ohhhh PFFFFFFTTTTT prayers are free and they do the most good :)
Get you some rest and call if you need anything:)
Love you and big hugs
Laura

Reddirt Woman said...

You should never be embarrassed to ask for help and/or support. You are always there for other folks, so accepting that from others is part of the deal...

We'll be keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Helen

kim-d said...

Awww, Ness, even though I have been MIA comment-wise, I am always here for you and the WHOLE rest of the Ness family with prayers. There is no such thing as too many prayers.

I just wish I could do more...but I am glad to hear that they did not "kick" KJ out of the hospital too soon. No, the hospital is not a place anyone wants to be, but sometimes it is the best place.

Ness, I also wanted to say thanks for all of the support you've given me lately, even with all you've been going through. It is very much appreciated. Even though I have been SO BAD about commenting, I have been here to read so I could keep up with what was happening, in addition to Hallie keeping me updated. So, from me to you, my friend--if there's anything I can do for you, just give a call. Really.

Prayers, prayers and more prayers...