Here I was, doing my job, thinking about what I was going to do when I got off work and then came The Call:
"Mom, they're sending me to the hospital for tests. I have a high fever and my doctor called the Infectious Disease doctor up there and he's ordered blood cultures and a chest x-ray. My shunt could be infected. My pulse ox is only 94%. I am so scared. What do you think it is? The doctor says my chest sounds terrible. I'm also having those premature ventricular contractions again. The doctor says when she felt my incision it felt like there was a separation down deep."
"Kiereney, do you want me to come down there?"
"Yes but no. I know you have to work. I drove to the doctor. It was just supposed to be a followup appointment since she hadn't seen me since before I went to the hospital. I'll call you from the hospital."
"Mom? I can't have my tests done...I have no insurance. I have to pay over $400 for the tests and that's only a down payment. What am I going to do?"
"Mom, they sent me to another hospital. They are going to do the tests. They are checking me for Epstein Barr Virus. What is that? They have to stick me for the blood tests. What if they can't get a vein again? I'm really scared, Mom."
"Mom? They've stuck me several times and can't find a vein. What am I going to do?"
I am two hours away and don't have the money to go down there. All I could do was fret. Then I prayed. After I prayed I found the following on Debbie's(Mama Bear) blog. I read it and it calmed me.
In case you haven't been to Debbie's blog(and if you haven't, why not? It's in my side bar! :-) )
I wanted to share this with you. God once again reminds me that He is an awesome God! Thanks for posting this, Debbie. I really needed it today!
Ten Guidelines From God
1. QUIT WORRYING: Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit and worry. Have you forgotten that I am here to take all your burdens and carry them for you? Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little thing that comes your way?
2. PUT IT ON THE LIST: Something needs done or taken care of. Put it on the list. No, not YOUR list. Put it on MY to-do-list. Let ME be the one to take care of the problem. I can't help you until you turn it over to Me. And although My to-do-list is long, I am after all... God. I can take care of anything you put into My hands. In fact,if the truth were ever really known, I take care of a lot of things for you that you never even realize.
3. TRUST ME: Once you've given your burdens to Me, quit trying to take them back. Trust in Me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs, your problems and your trials. Problems with the kids? Put them on My list. Problem with finances? Put it on My list. Problems with your emotional roller coaster?For My sake, put it on My list. I want to help you. All you have to do is ask.
4. LEAVE IT ALONE: Don't wake up one morning and say,'Well, I'm feeling much stronger now, I think I can handle it from here.' Why do you think you are feeling stronger now? It's simple.You gave Me your burdens and I'm taking care of them. I also renew your strength and cover you in my peace. Don't you know that if I give you these problems back,you will be right back where you started?Leave them with Me and forget about them. Just let Me do my job.
5. TALK TO ME: I want you to forget a lot of things. Forget what was making you crazy. Forget the worry and the fretting because you know I'm in control. But there's one thing I pray you never forget. Please, don't forget to talk to Me - OFTEN! I love YOU! I want to hear your voice. I want you to include Me in on the things going on in your life. I want to hear you talk about your friends and family. Prayer is simply you having a conversation with Me. I want to be your dearest friend.
6. HAVE FAITH: I see a lot of things from up here that you can't see from where you are. Have faith in Me that I know what I'm doing. Trust Me;you wouldn't want the view from My eyes.I will continue to care for you, watch over you,and meet your needs. You only have to trust Me. Although I have a much bigger task than you,it seems as if you have so much trouble just doing your simple part. How hard can trust be?
7. SHARE:You were taught to share when you were only two years old. When did you forget?That rule still applies. Share with those who are less fortunate than you. Share your joy with those who need encouragement. Share your laughter with those who haven't heard any in such a long time. Share your tears with those who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith with those who have none.
8. BE PATIENT:I managed to fix it so in just one lifetime you could have so many diverse experiences.You grow from a child to an adult, have children,change jobs many times, learn many trades,travel to so many places, meet thousands of people, and experience so much. How can you be so impatient then when it takes Me a little longer than you expect to handle something on My to-do-list? Trust in My timing, for My timing is perfect. Just because I created the entire universe in only six days, everyone thinks I should always rush, rush, rush.
9. BE KIND: Be kind to others, for I love them just as much as I love you. They may not dress like you, or talk like you, or live the same way you do, but I still love you all. Please try to get along, for My sake. I created each of you different in some way. It would be too boring if you were all identical. Please, know I love each of your differences.
10. LOVE YOURSELF: As much as I love you, how can you not love yourself? You were created by me for one reason only -- to be loved, and to love in return. I am a God of Love. Love Me. Love your neighbors. But also love yourself. It makes My heart ache when I see you so angry with yourself when things go wrong. You are very precious to me. Don't ever forget......
All About the Bean - After two years with our old year-round swim team, B and I decided we weren't quite happy with how things were going. The main team was in NN and we were...
1 week ago