Followers

01 December 2008

Joy of December 1

I woke up to snow gently drifting to the ground!

So at 6 a.m. I got dressed, grabbed two sleepy Dachshunds and we went out to enjoy the winter wonderland!

Well, I enjoyed it anyway!

But, alas, now it has stopped leaving a touch of ground cover and wet streets.

Still, it was a beautiful way to begin my December and Advent journey and to start sharing my 31 Days of Christmas Memories

Out to get lab work and then home to coffee and work.

Christmas Memory #1
Tonight we're playing Christmas music, sipping hot chocolate and working on the Christmas cards. I have so many good memories of my mom doing her annual cards. I think she sent out nearly 200 by the time she hit all of my dad's employees and our family. Each card had a handwritten note and the family ones always contained my recent school picture(which I hated because I never could trade pictures with my friends at school because she confiscated them for her Christmas cards!). She set up her office on a tv tray and a piece of wallboard on top of the tray that Dad had taped the sides. She had her pens, her stamps, her Christmas seals, her cards and her Christmas Card Address Book neatly arranged on her improvised desk as well as a place for her coffee cup and her ashtray. I knew to never touch anything on that desk. She would do her housework and then spend the afternoon and evening working on her cards in between fixing supper and taking care of me. She also watched the daily 3:00 movie.

Have a Marvelous Monday!

6 comments:

Alice said...

Oh.... what a great idea...Christmas memories!!! I'm so glad you're sharing. I hope you guys had a WONDERFUL thanksgiving - I'm desperately trying to catch up with everyone after being gone for a week!

Michelle said...

I agree that this month should be about sharing memories of christmas' past. Thanks for the idea.

Michelle said...

Oh, I jsut had another idea. Maybe we can convinve Hallie to switch her MM to Memory Monday for this month.

Unknown said...

ness... Great idea! I really do like your layout, so very serene!
Thank you for stopping by my blog.

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Overflowing Brain said...

Ness-

I've been all kinds of busy lately, but I read below where you thanked me for sharing my medical journey. I'm touched. I am so glad that my story could be of help to you and your daughter. Truly. It is so wonderful to know that my experiences have helped someone else, it just helps me see the good buried in what feels like the opposite.

I know that things are pretty darn lousy right now, but I have faith that this mountain will peak soon and that you'll be on the downhill side. Please let me know if there's any way I can be of help to you or KJ and know that you and your family continue to be in my prayers now and always.

Tonjia said...

awww lots of folks got to see snow on this 1st day of December, I love it!

Do your doxies like snow? Frankie says it makes a mini doxie cooolllddd.