Followers

07 September 2010

The Proverbial Broken Record



WHY CAN'T WE JUST ALL GET ALONG?

Sigh...

I am so upset.

I heard on the news in passing that a Florida church is going to burn copies of the Koran.

Then I heard that the Koran is the holy book of Islam.

Then I heard that our top US General over in the Mideast says that if the burning of the Koran is done that it will escalate danger for our US Soldiers.

Then I heard that the Republicans were all for this.

Because if anything was said about our Soldiers being hurt or killed that it was President Obama's fault for having US soldiers over there in the first place.

I am literally heart sick.

I am really naive.

I just can't believe that any American, Republican or otherwise, would want harm to come to US soldiers.

Why?

Has the political chasm gotten to the point that we throw our soldiers under the bus to prove a point?

I just want to withdraw from the world.

Why is the Koran any less holy that the Bible or Book of Mormon or any other religious group's books?

I just don't understand why we all can't get along, respect our differences and live in harmony.

I hate mustard but am I going to start a movement to have it banned from all stores

Am I too simplistic, too naive, too something?

Our soldiers are in enough danger.

And now this?

I'll never see my son again.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will never understand why we all can't get along, respect our differences and live in harmony. Seems someone somewhere is always doing something to keep that from happening. Why can't all people understand that we are all human beings and we should treat one another as we would like to be treated.

I could really get on my soapbox about this subject but it is your blog so I will not do that.

Great post and I agree with every word you said. Hugs

Laura ~Peach~ said...

muslems dont believe in all getting along they believe in killing all who are not muslum as for burning the koran.. foolishness i say... and ALL of our troups need to be home... OUR president has left them there with out the protection they had and THAT is totally wrong to me...
Michael and ALL of our men and women remain in our prayers daily!

joanne said...

Well, I don't want to get into whose president did what...as far as I can remember this was GWBush's war but I digress.
I was shocked to say the least when I heard about the burning of the Quoran...it sent shivers through my body. I am fearful of what this may bring.
Ness, I keep your son Michael and all his commrades in my constant prayers. Their safety is uppermost in my mind.

Debbie said...

After watching Larry King Live and the interview with the Mosque founder and the following interview with Anderson Cooper, I went to bed praying for the whole country (including our troops and Michael).

I'm with Jojo...this frightens me for many reasons. I don't worry about the troops being in any further danger, but the far larger ramifications.

You hang in there sweetie and keep knitting..he'll be home soon. ♥♥♥