Followers

04 July 2012

Wow---two months since I've blogged.


Two months of tears, tragedy, unbelief, change and wonder.

Many, many times I just wanted to check out and never look back.

So I did the next best thing and went on a 5 day vacay to a cabin buried in a national forest in TN and to a delightful God-place called the Georgia Baptist Childrens Home.  Being on the grounds felt like being on holy ground.  All the love, patience and miracles that happen there.

And then I met Alice!

Heaven came down and glory filled my soul!

It was as if we grew up together.

If meeting her, helping take birthday cupcakes to her son's preschool for his 3rd birthday on Fourth of July and eating at a phenomenal restaurant that had the best cake EVAH wasn't enough,  I was priviledged to  be invited to her house (Colin included) for a tasty supper of grilled chicken and the works.  I got to meet her adorable 15 y/o stepdaughter who is everything one would ever want in a stepdaughter and her amazing husband who is a treasure.  Austin is the epitome of everything that is good about the world, especially a child's.  Southern manners that would put most adults to shame.  Happy.  Wondering about his world and what is beyond it.  And I met her 18 y/o Godson who was so kind and so interesting to talk to.  Another person I felt had been in my life forever.

Thank you Alice for saving me from myself.  You gave us days of peace, calm and love that I hadn't been able to find anywhere else.  And you cared.  You couldn't do enough for us.

I could die happy right now.




No comments: