Followers

09 January 2008

You Never Know Where the Dawn Will Lead You

Disclaimer: This is not what I planned to blog today. But the last couple of hours have touched me so deeply that I am putting this in my blog because I never want to forget this moment. I have never had a time where I felt such complete joy, sadness, hope and pride with another human being as I have felt this morning with Jenessa Nicole Byers aka Boey.

If you are a fan of Extreme Makeovers, you may remember Boey. Boey started fighting cancer when she was 6 years old. Extreme Makeovers re-did her house. We lost Boey to a greater good December 28, 2007 at the age of 8. This morning as I was checking in with my Caring Bridge kids sites I saw the prayer request to keep Boey's family in our prayers. This led me to her church's site and on the site was a link to the memorial service held for Boey. I have spent the last 1:45 watching this beautiful service and seeing videos of Boey and all the hope, strength and courage she not only had for herself, but that she shared with her beautiful family and everyone that she was around. listened to Boey speak. She may have had the chronological age of 8 but her words were of someone who had experienced life a lot longer than her 8 years. The last time I was this moved this deeply was when I watched the movie Pay It Forward years ago.

I encourage you to "go" to Boey's memorial service. You will not be the same person that you were before you watched it.



If the link doesn't work, please cut and paste the web address below into your browsers.

http://www.corvallisnazarene.com/index.html

Note: Although the music is beautiful to listen to(I take it that it is the prelude before the service started--you see no video but a picture of Boey), the actual service starts about the 11 min 45 sec mark(at least when I view it through Windows Media Player) so you might want to fast forward to 11:45 when you get to the video


I leave you today with what I just received in an email. A copy just went into my Quotes Book. I hope it touches you like it has touches me.

Natural Highs
>
> 1. Falling in love.
>
> 2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
>
> 3. A hot shower.
>
> 4. No lines at the supermarket.
>
> 5. A special glance.
>
> 6. Getting mail.
>
> 7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
>
> 8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
>
> 9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
>
> 10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
>
> 11. Chocolate milkshake (vanilla or strawberry).
>
> 12. A bubble bath .
>
> 13. Giggling.
>
> 14. A good conversation.
>
> 15. The beach .
>
> 16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter
>
> 17. Laughing at yourself.
>
> 18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they Love you.
>
> 19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
>
> 20. Running through sprinklers.
>
> 21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
>
> 22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
>
> 23. Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS
>
> 25. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about
> you.
>
> 26. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to
> sleep.
>
> 27. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new
> partner).

28. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
>
> 29. Playing with a new puppy.
>
> 30. Having someone play with your hair.
>
> 31. Sweet dreams.
>
> 32. Hot chocolate.
>
> 33. Road trips with friends.
>
> 34. Swinging on swings.
>
> 35. Making eye contact with a cute stranger
>
> 36. Making chocolate chip cookies .
>
> 37 Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
>
> 38 Holding hands with someone you care about.
>
> 39 Running into an old friend and realizing that some things
> (good or bad) never change.
>
> 40 Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a
> much desired present from you.
>
> 41. Watching the sunrise.
>
> 42. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for
> another beautiful day.
>
> 43. Knowing that somebody misses you.
>
> 44. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
>
> 45. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other
> people think.

3 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I'll watch when I get home. If it came from a Caringbridge site, I can only imagine how touching it is...

Thanks for sharing.
Hallie

kimmy said...

Thanks for sharing the website with us...I'll take a look...

Kimmy

Kellan said...

Thanks for the link and ... I still love to run through sprinklers. See you soon. Kellan