Followers

02 August 2009

From Alice's friend Becka's blog:

1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. When you wake up in the morning, complete the following statement, "My purpose is to ___________ today."
4. Eat more foods that grow on tress and plants and less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli, almonds and walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, or negative thoughts.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out credit card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
17. Forgive others.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. Time heals all wounds.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed, complete the following statements: "I am thankful for _________. Today I accomplished ___________."
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. Share these tips with others.

My life is like a washer on speed...inside out, fast and changing every minute.

If you are on Facebook and not my friend, request me and I will be your friend. Because Facebook lately has been the only place that my life has been updated lately.

In brief, Kiereney is in the hospital with a stroke with 25% right sided body function loss, off kilter blood counts to the point of calling in an oncologist and I'm sure I've missed something... This happened 2 days after we went on vacation in Buffalo to see all the kids/grandkids. Michael and Kelli handled things since the kids did not want us to cut our vacation short. We did lop off the end of the vacay where we were supposed to meet Hallie and Kimmy in Massachusettes at Hallie's mom's house because I needed to get home to my youngest and see things for myself.

I have oodles of pics to share as soon as I can find time to post them of Roger's kids/grandchildren in Buffalo.

Please keep us in your thoughts/prayers. My sleep study is tomorrow night.

6 comments:

joanne said...

prayers, prayers, and more prayers....love, jj

Laura ~Peach~ said...

always!!!!! love ya.

Beverly said...

Prayers for you and your sweet daughter...

And I'd love to find you on Facebook, but the search for "Ness" is next to impossible!

Debbie said...

Prayers always my friend. I hope that your sleep study helps you and they will find a way for restful sleep for you. Kiereney is in my prayers, always, as well as you and Roger, Kelli and Michael.
Love and hugs..

God Bless~
Debbie Jean

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Praying for your daughter and you and the rest of your family! Hope you get some help at the sleep study! ((hugs))

Emily
winnyninnypoopoo

Alice said...

Ness, thinking of you so much. I, too, seem to update more on facebook. Hope you know you are being lifted in prayer multiple times a day. sometimes it's all we can do for those we love, but know you are loved and being prayed for often in Georgia.